Welcome All!

If you do not adapt, if you do not learn, you will wither, you will die.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sources of inspiration


Three of the many sources of inspiration for me this past week:

1. This past Friday I heard Daniel Sediqqui speak at the Minnesota Career Development Association. I left his talk inspired and energized. Daniel spoke engagingly and with a great sense of humor about the ingredients for his success while ‘living the map’ and getting 50 jobs in 50 states (which he turned into a book): Adaptability, Persistence, Risk-Taking, Endurance, and Networking. You can see and hear him on YouTube at a TEDx talk.

2. Last week I read the book The Business of Belief by Tom Asacker, which is a topic and book very dear to my heart. It stresses the role and importance of your beliefs: your beliefs have an immense influence on what you see, how you interpret, and what you choose to do and thus create. Short chapters with high impact messages. That’s all I’m willing to give away.

3. A local leader in action: dedicated, skilled, positive, professionally caring, hard working, and fun. I’m talking about a Twin Cities middle school basketball coach, a young guy who is leading his team with conviction and candor – exactly the way I like it, but more importantly – exactly the way I think the best results are created.

Who and what inspires you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment