Welcome All!

If you do not adapt, if you do not learn, you will wither, you will die.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Pecha Kucha Video on a Fatal Flaw: The Lack of Candor in the Workplace




On May first I had the honor of presenting at Rick Brimacomb's Club Entrepreneur event called Pecha Kucha. Surrounded by a large group of wise and interested people from the world of business and located in the beautiful Minneapolis Club, I was given 20 slides with each 20 seconds to make my case - this is the nature of a Pecha Kucha presentation. I knew it would be a true challenge to be coherent, engaging, practical, and everything else I always work to be when I present given so little time and given the hard deadline of 20 seconds per slide.

Longer presentations are generally easier, or so we think, because they also give us presenters too many possibilities to get lost, take detours, lose sight of the audience and such. I greatly appreciated the many enthusiastic responses to my presentation and the opportunity to share my beliefs and insights with an audience I highly respect.

Below you can watch my first ever Pecha Kucha. I have my many improvements spelled out for me.

https://vimeo.com/96553683 



2 comments:

  1. This is NOT a sandwich post : I like the short presentation which can be listened to just before a candid talk and I LOVE your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read that you find value in the presentation's message Dorothee - looking forward to hearing about your candid conversations. And I have to agree about the dress :-)

    ReplyDelete