Welcome All!

If you do not adapt, if you do not learn, you will wither, you will die.

Monday, September 7, 2015

Wanna be more effective?

If you wish to be more effective, it doesn't really matter what field or position you're in. I have three lines for you, regardless:
1. Understand yourself
2. Understand others
3. Remain aware, calm, and focused

In times of stress, pause and return to the ‘here-and-now’ and ask yourself the following questions:

Where can I feel the stress in my body?      
- exercise or relax those muscles

Which are my assumptions in this situation, right now?
- Does this belief fit with a more objective reality and how others may see it?
- Does this belief support the achievement of constructive interests and goals?
- Does this belief help foster positive, healthy relationships?
- Does this belief seem reasonable and logical given the context?

What is my state of mind right now?
- How can I shift my mind from victim to accountability?
- What can I do differently right now this very moment?
- What one thing can I do to take better care of myself right now?
- What purpose is my behavior serving? Often it’s self-protection from (perceived) harm or threat. Is that the case right now?

What am I focusing on in this very moment?
- Is it productive, healthy?
- Which words do I tend to use right now?
- What’s my self-talk like? Constructive and focused on what I can control?

What are the possible interests of others involved in this situation?
- What are they possibly trying to accomplish?
- What are they possibly afraid of and trying to avoid?
- What could I be missing in this situation that they may see?

No comments:

Post a Comment