Welcome All!

If you do not adapt, if you do not learn, you will wither, you will die.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Questions We Ask Ourselves and Others

The importance and power of questions – I have written about this topic before on this blog.  I will not repeat myself. I merely state: Asking the right questions is in many situations more important than finding the right answers.
What kind of questions do you tend to ask yourself and others? Look at the examples below and contemplate on your questions and on what beliefs and what line of thinking they reflect.



Do you tend to ask …

Or do you tend to ask …


Why is this happening to me? à

What part did I play in getting where I am?


Who dropped the ball? à

How can I contribute to a solution?


Why don’t they get it? à

What else do we need to share, explain, hear?


Why do we have to go through all this change? à


How can I adapt to this ever changing world?

What’s wrong with these people? à

What can we do differently?


When is somebody going to train me? à

What can I do to develop myself?


When is department X finally going to fix this problem?

What can I do to solve this problem?




Which questions get you furthest? Which questions empower you? Which questions promote your creativity? Which questions inspire others? Which questions set you in motion and which ones present you with new perspectives?

No comments:

Post a Comment