Welcome All!

If you do not adapt, if you do not learn, you will wither, you will die.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Questions you need to ask as a leader

Leading yourself, leading others, and leading change are the three main responsibilities of any leader. Easier said than done, of course. For you to be successful in these areas you need quite a few ingredients. Emotional intelligence, strategic thinking, courage, credibility, accountability, resilience…. I could go on for quite some time. 

A different way of looking at successful leadership is to formulate questions that a successful leader should ask:

1. How can I help you be more successful?

2. What am I typically allergic to? 

3. How can I more successfully test my assumptions? 

4. What can I do to help myself and others more successfully embrace ambiguity and change?

5. How can I ensure that all ideas are heard, and that the best ideas are coming forward?

6. What would my people say about me if they felt totally free to speak? 

7. What may I be missing? 

8. What is my leadership philosophy and have I shared it with my people?

9. How will my proposed change impact the organization's culture? Will it reinforce our culture or disrupt our culture? 



Questions can help develop people, re-frame issues, re-direct energy and attention, acknowledge and encourage people, and open long closed blinds. Any questions you wish to add? 

No comments:

Post a Comment